realjimbob

REALJimBob

Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)

Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1) - Pittacus Lore Another short story that was shorter than I was expecting. I started this one on the train on the way into work and had finished it before going to sleep that evening... It's a prequel, of sorts, to I Am Number Four are recompensed for their efforts.

This story is far from essential to the series, it provides an interesting background to Number Six, the second of the Lorien nine to be introduced in I Am Number Four. While a late arrival in that book, her back story isn't explored and she's quite cagey about what happened to her Cêpan (guardian). Here we are introduced to the her story, from their first contact with the Mogadorians, through their inevitable capture and loss of Katrina her Cêpan (well, we knew she was missing) and ends with her discovery in the news of the events of I Am Number Four.

The story is short and tries to cover a lot of ground. Unfortunately, at the expense of detail. There is very little characterisation or depth to the writing at all. If your already a fan of the series and something of a completist, by all means you won't be overly disappointed - there seems little reason for anybody else to spend the time though.